Monday, April 18, 2011

There's no room for Ungrateful in this house!

My son, Evan, is blatantly ungrateful.  I don't know how to fix this but he does nothing but complain, non-stop.  It really wears on you after a while.  We are never having what he wants for dinner.  He always wants his own separate meal.  Even if we are having what he wants for dinner, he will complain about something else.  He never gets enough video game time.  He wants more video games, better clothes, more shoes, to be able to go more places, and the list goes on and on.

I'm sure a lot of people have children that have a "glass half full" mentality but this is way above and beyond that.  I read about a mom who took her daughter to a third world country for a few months and that is sounding like a great idea right about now.  I guess I'll have to settle for donating our time at a homeless shelter.  I need him to understand how blessed he is and can't think of any other way...
I'm open to any suggestions you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment